12.01.2009

Chivalry is not DEAD!

Chivalry is not DEAD!

I must say I believe just as does the next female, that chivalry and the whole being a “gentleman” thing has actually become non existent in a sense. But I am HERE TO inform you and let you know there is still some left out there! I am writing tonight to share my experience with you. I have over the years become a young woman that was just settling for average, jus being there and being barely satisfied. But there are actually good men out there, with manners and morals, and a sense of being that actually want to treat you right simply because as a woman, you DESERVE IT! I MUST say I know that this is something hard for everyone’s ear to believe, But as I stepped out with my MANGO SMOOTHIE (named changed, even though sums up how delicious and sweet he is ;)) on Saturday night I was proved wrong. I simply was left in a happy ecstatic state of shock when we stepped out the car to reach our destination Mango Smoothie got to the elevator and waited until I entered to follow. I waited to see if it was something that was done simply because he didn’t notice or because it was habit. I soon found out. It was something that he did effortlessly and simply because that was the right thing to do. This all in its own is a mind blower and after speaking with Mango Smoothie about it he said. But it’s what you deserve. If I had a dime for every time I’ve heard that, well … I would have ten cents. Ha-ha. But what he said made me think? Why have we , as females allowed ourselves to simply put up with the crap , bite the bullet , not feel as if we deserve anything better that what we are receiving .? Im not sure about this answer but throughout the night Mango Smoothie was nothing but an absolute gentleman as we were sitting outside waiting to be seated at my favorite restaurant where he was nothing other then ready , willing , and open to trying some new food . That was another great think. People in general have just become so close minded to trying new things and having new experiences and really in a way just being Too DAMN comfortable. It was refreshing to see his excitement and made me enjoy the night even more. At the end of the dinner Mango Smoothie left a nice tip and paid for the bill after refusing to take my offer up for putting in, and even still as we exited he held open the door of the restaurant to let me pass. Naturally! All in all I may have had a life changing experience that has made me look at men in a whole new light. After this I can truly and honestly say that Ladies! Chivalry is not dead! And Fellas, maybes its time to step you game up and think about the little things, because to us females that’s what matters the most. And fellas if I am describing you keep up what you are doing! Ladies lets take some time out and think about what we really want and what we really deserve. If you guys have any stories that you want to share leave them here! Until next time Stay Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment