11.10.2009

Why Are People So Opposed To Relationships Today?

::Sitting in my jammies, sipping on hot chocolate with the love song playlist on shuffle (to get me in the mood......for writing this blog that is lol)... I'm thinking of the one question that has been on my mind since the beginning of the week. "Why are people so opposed to relationships today?"::

Sunday night I spoke to a friend of mine ;) (I hope he's reading) about the fact that HE thought I was pretty guarded. Now, while taking this into consideration during discussing my "problem" a thought came to mind. I noticed that he mentioned he wasn't interested in anything dealing with titles at the moment, which is fine but of course I had to ask: "Why are you so opposed to relationships?" To my surprise he told me that it was because "women are worse then men now of days". Asking what he meant by this he explained that "women lie". I had to laugh and respond with the statement that is oh so true: "Like men dont lie?" My friend here also mentioned a few other things that I dont feel are very significant to what I'm about to explain to all my readers. Anyway, a light bulb went off in my head and I figured that he must be pretty guarded to allow this thought or his past experiences get in the way of opening up to someone of interest to see if anything could possibly develop. No titles need to be given but without even giving it a shot he could very well be allowing a good one to slip past him...

The next morning I woke up with this still on my mind. I posted the question as my status on Facebook, Twitter and my BBM (blackberry messenger) to recieve more then a handful of responses. (SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE WHO ANSWERED THE QUESTION AND TURNED MY STATUS INTO A DISCUSSION BOARD ;p) The responses that I recieved were...

Dadrick: Because everyone thinks its easier to just have sex

NeelyBabez: Cuz some people are jus afraid to settle down & actually open their hearts up to someone. Mayb its a fear of getting their heart broken or just not wanting to try sttn new

DVictor: im opposed to relationships cause of the drama

Stephen: Committment is a motha....

Melanie: Maybe 4 most men NOT ALL but most, its to have more than one girl. Some girls are like that too but maybe its bcuz we still young and they wana be able to do watever the hell they want and not worry about anyone

Anais: Many people today are worried about living life to the fullest when their young to be in a comitted relationship. but being in love can happen at any age. i personally love being in a long term relationship. you get that support, love, time, and devotion from your 'significant other' that you dont get from random people.

I found truth in EACH response that I featured including those that were not posted within this blog. Being that you have all read what my friends think... ITS MY TURN

At the end of the day I believe that people are opposed to relationship due to pure laziness. Society today wants everything to come fast and without a problem. We want everything easy. As a person full of emotion and an extreme amount of love to give it really does disappoint me to find that people have so many negative thoughts towards relationships. There is one thing that EVERYONE should realize if you get nothing else out of reading this blog... NO GOOD RELATIONSHIP COMES EASILY. IT TAKES WORK, HARD WORK. There may be absolutely no guarantee that with all that work you've invested into your relationship that it is going to last. But at least you tried and put some time and effort into it. I'd much rather try with someone and have it fail then regret never trying and let THAT person slip away. Everytime you enter into a relationship or even consider it, it's risky, it's an adventure...sometimes its worth it. Its worth it when you look back later and see that you opened up to someone and you've benefited in sooo many ways from it. In no way am I telling anyone to go jump into a relationship blind but have an open mind and open heart, let your guard down and give the situation a chance to develop and blossom. You may end up being surprised. Fear tends to hold people back from many things...Dont let it hold you back from THIS. Give it chance no matter how many fucked up relationships you've been through (I've had my share and I still haven't given up on it).

3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. At one point in time i was HIGHLY opposed to relationships becuz of the relationships ive seen ppl in i thought (hell no thats too much pain n stress); but in the past year and a half i found out that relationships arent as bad as i thought.
    i mean i fell in love : ) nd realized yea they are tuff as " shit " but worth it. Its not always pain nd heartache...buht trust when there is its hurtful..but it helps you and your significant other grow as one. So point im maki is...opposed becuz it can end bad...but im soo for it now : ) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel everything you just stated girl. It is pure laziness, everything in life takes hard work. I'm not necessarily referring to a relationship as a job but it does need to be work on just as if. As for young people wanting to do what they want, so be it. What I don't understand is why all young people enter a relationship knowing that they don't want to be held down, so then they cheat and make other stupid mistakes. That brings me to people, mostly guys in my eyes, having "a wife" and must continue to have side girls. For what? Just end your relationship and when you ready, maybe just maybe she will still be there, or she will find someone else because you can only wait for so long. Lord, I can go on and on. So let me stop now. I feel you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. people are opposed to relationships because its alot of pain...a relationship is ntn but an emotional terroist...its da next nigga/chick getin da heart that urs is longin 4...in the end ur screwed mental into thinkin all sorts of negitve things...and u tend to not wanna care or love eva again

    ReplyDelete